Free Sample Environmental Policy Statement
An environmental policy statement is the communication of your policy internally within your organisation and externally to your customers and suppliers.
Once you have understood the principles involved and have accepted responsibility for the pollution generated by your Company, the first step on the journey towards sustainability is to create a written commitment in the form of an Environmental Policy Statement.
This should acknowledge the reasons for doing it, be specific and achievable and clearly written for an audience of staff, suppliers, customers and general public. It must be signed by a senior executive to demonstrate that it is a Company Policy and reviewed at regular intervals.
Like your policy it should be concise and probably on one sheet of A4.
Sample of an environmental policy statement
XYZ Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
Signed by Senior Director of company
Another Sample Policy Statement
Newly-Enlightened Co accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
Newly-Enlightened Co will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
The Company will comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
The Company will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
Newly-Enlightened Co will encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers.
Signed by Mr Green, Company Director
Feel free to use elements of the above policy statements in your own business.
More Information on "Greening Your Business"
Why not download our complete guide to getting your business completely green? Every topic required has been developed by our award winning environmental team and can be used on any business.